Man, I wish my parents could have gotten this for me...


Rockabye Baby - Lullaby Renditions of Nine Inch Nails

Two words: fucking sweet. I'm definitely picking this up and putting it away for when I have kids. Essentially what they did, is take nails songs, and make them sound all nice and lullaby-ish. You know, vibraphone, mellotron, and other soothing instruments. The song selection is a bit odd though. The one that sticks out to me is "Closer" (you know, the song that goes something like "I wanna fuck you like an animal, I wanna feel you from the inside").

But regardless of the song selection, this CD is sweet as hell. Apparently the guy who does it has done other big bands too, like Pink Floyd for example. Oh and you gotta hear this description, it's the reason I wrote this:

"Nine Inch Nails changed the way an entire generation of kids heard the music around them. Trent Reznor uses unique sounds to create electronic music that is otherworldly. His songs are a warm place that are closer to being fragile than broken. If your child bites the hand that feeds, play this album. It is made with all the love in the world."

(If you're a fan, you'll catch the handful of song references crammed into that blurb)

Posted byJoe at 9:48 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment