The 1980's

I was born May 23rd, 1989. I saw the death of the 80's as a small child. But I didn't understand fully. I didn't understand what was being ushered in. The era of asymmetrical haircuts, bright colors, and fucking whacky television was over. The new world, the 90's followed by 2000, was a commercial giant. I have a few ways to describe the social structure, but I feel this explains it best.

Imagine, if you will, a coloring book. An uncolored rainbow beckons, you receive a package of coloring crayons, and are instructed to color inside the lines. Sounds like fun. Then someone puts a gun to your head. You better color in those fucking lines.

What color are you? Maybe a "Hollister Blue" or a "Hot Topic Black"

Believe it or not, this very definite, exact science of socializing didn't always exist. Nor did the social rituals we all participate in. Its all relatively new. Which is why I propose this return to the basics.

A return to rad headbands, bitchin' overalls, and all that other excellent shit. A simpler time when no one cared what you wore, because everything everyone wore was fucking retarded.

So, come with me.

And brush up on your 80's

Posted byJoe at 2:57 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment