A possible sneak peak at my senior speech

Since I was a small child, the prospect of hand to hand combat intruiged me. I did not know or understand how it worked really, but from what the movies had shown me, I understood it as something awesome. I enjoyed watching Jean Claude Vandamme in Kickboxer, and found pure extacy in Mortal Kombat for the Sega Genisis. Often times while playing, unsatisfied with my own videogaming skills, I would let the game sit, and simply watch the computer controlled characters beat each other senseless, and finish the fight with one of the many awe-inspiring fatalities. However, I wouldn't go so far as to say I was a violent child. I was, and always have been, a very low key person. I was Joe, that kid that everybody sort of knows. However, when the Mortal Kombat cartridge was inserted, and the Sega switched on, I was Scorpion, that guy in the yellow ninja suit. And even though his ninja suit is yellow, a color not usually associated with ripped ninjas, he managed to be a true badass. I admire that.

At some point, my interest in videogames phased out, and I had to find new ways to entertain myself.

Fuck I ran out of things to write.

Posted byJoe at 7:09 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment