I'm teaching myself piano!

I tried to do it once before, and failed miserably, but I'm back to try my second hand at piano thanks to a few new learning tools I have. Why learn piano? Everybody says its so helpful with music theory, plus it goes well with guitar, and its just nice to have another creative outlet at my disposal.

Anyway, as I was saying, I have a few new tools:
1. Chewing Tobacco - Key to helping mind-numbing tasks go just a little bit faster. Actually, its a little-known fact that nicotine sharpens your mind while in your system, it helps you focus. Its true, look it up.
2. Baby's First Keyboard - It may not be much. But it didn't cost much either. And it gets the job done... sort of. I can pretty much only play one hand at a time, but I'm trying to improve on my note-reading too, so it isn't that big of a deal. I'll upgrade when I know I'm for real on this.
3. Internet Sheet Music, accompanied by The Pencil - After learning the basics of reading sheet music, I downloaded a few songs, long ones, to practice. Practice how? Write all the notes in. It sounds tedious, but if you have a passion for music, you really won't mind it much. I don't, anyway.
4. Computer and Internet - The internet rocks. Use a site like Musictheory.net to learn how to read, and then just google some sheet music. Its that simple :)

Have a look at my classroom:
(click to enlarge)

Happy learnin'



Posted byJoe at 5:51 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment