A Scanner Darkly

So I just got done watching A Scanner Darkly.

It was amazing. For those of you who have never heard of this film, its about drug use and addiction. Of course, for a little added spice, there's an evil corporation. For anyone who has been even slightly exposed to drug use and abuse, or some form of addiction (be it alcoholism, cigarettes, or even something hard like coke), I think this movie has significant value.

Personally, I saw my own fears. For others, I imagine it would paint one of two pictures; For someone who hasn't ever used, this movie shows a horrifying side of drug use, sure to scare any potential users away. On the other hand, if you have experimented a bit (most likely with some sort of psychoactive), this movie has a very nostalgic feeling. The hallucinations, the fears, the good times, and without a doubt, the bad.

The ending, along with the text at the credits was gripping, and eventually heart-wrenching.

This movie gets a 10/10 from me. Do yourself a favor and watch it.

Posted byJoe at 7:37 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment